Monday, May 1, 2017

Just Follow


I’ve come to a realization about the choices I’ve been making out of fear lately. 



I’ve been faced with a few different decisions and I found myself jumping back and forth between things and then returning back to it again... because well it's better than having nothing right?

After reading through scripture, a book, and listening to a sermon that all pointed me to the same message, I realized this:

The truth is, God never intended us to choose the easier option out of comfort.
 


But here’s what hit me, Jesus never told us to say yes to something because it seemed okay… He wants the absolute best for us. 


The prettiest view always lies all the way on top of the mountain, but if we settle for midway because it's nice... we'll miss out on it.


When Jesus told people “Follow Me”, he literally meant that they had to leave what they have behind. (Their safe jobs, sometimes their fancy homes, etc...)

It never meant to take our first aid kits, security funds, and plan b’s along. All He said is “Follow Me” and the rest would be completely unknown. 




But Jesus promised if we do… it’ll all be worth it. 



But seek ye the kingdom of God first, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. {Matthew 6:33}



And here I am trying to settle for "just alright".

{I call this the wind didn't wanna die down so I look like Cousin Itt photo shoot}

To be honest I’m not sure what's going to happen. As of right now I’m in limbo again. But there's a certain peace about it that I’ve never had before. 

Jesus didn’t say to worry, actually contrary to what the world says about all that anxiety stuff... Jesus said the total opposite.

Who of you by worrying can add a single day to your life? // Luke 12:25 //

So I’m handing it all off to Him. I’m fully trusting that the Lord will provide like He has in the past, and that my best is truly yet to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment