Saturday, April 30, 2016

Recipes | Tiramisù

If you know me, you know that I LOVE anything sweet. Desserts are just my thing... bring me anything chocolate and I'll be the happiest girl ever. Well you know until it finishes that is ;) 

I've been growing more and more in love with food and keeping my Italian culture alive so whenever I have a chance to combine it with my work and any project... it makes me love it even more.

It's funny how the older we become, the deeper into our roots we go. It's sort of like you grow into the person you have always been... but more vivid and alive. 

Here is my family's recipe for Tiramisù, an Italian dessert that can be made various ways... but I have found that sometimes the simplest turns out to be the most delicious ;) Enjoy! 

Ingredients
3 eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 pound Mascarpone Cheese
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 tbsp Rum or Limoncello
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Ladyfinger Cookies
Cocoa Powder
Pinch of Salt
2-3 cups brewed Espresso  

 Directions

1. In a mixing bowl beat egg yolks with the sugar.
2. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they become stiff peaks. 
3. Bring both mixtures of eggs together. 
4. Add the Mascarpone cheese into the egg mixture and beat until smooth. Add the Vanilla Extract and  1 tbsp. Rum or Limoncello. 
5. Make Espresso coffee and set on side. 
 6. Dip Lady Finger cookies in Espresso and layer them side by side adding the Mascarpone in between. 
7. Sprinkle on Cocoa Powder or grated dark chocolate. 
8. Freeze for 4 hours. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment