Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lenses & Photobooths & Mustaches...Oh My!

     Lately, I have been spending a lot of time reading different photography books, soaking up as much information as my mind will allow. Things like exposure, aperture, white balance, metering, focal length, lighting situations, different lenses..... ahhh and the list goes on and on. There is just so many factors that go into taking a photo---who would have thought?!! At this point you would think i'm about ready to toss the books and just hope my pictures come out good enough. But i'm simply amazed every time I learn something new, that for me good enough is simply not enough. It's almost as if my mind is begging me for more, teach me, show me, what else is there?!! The more I read, the more it feels so natural, it fits... like a puzzle piece has been found. It does at times feel very overwhelming, but I don't mind it at all.
      I have been shooting all of my photos with the kit lens up until now, so I decided to buy the 50mm 1.8 lens. You can imagine how overly enthusiastic I was when this little guy came in the mail. I tore the box open and then held the lens in my hand in awe, like I had seriously just uncovered the blue diamond from Titanic. Then I placed it on my camera and started shooting away (cue Captain Jack Sparrow's Theme song). It took me a bit to get used to but I think we're going to be great friends =). On another note, I love photo booths and think they're so much fun, so I thought why not make one at home? Enjoy and I wish you a happy happy Easter!!
Who doesn't like mustachies?
Beautiful Spring Tulips

Oh those eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment