Thursday, May 19, 2016

So We Wait


The past few days have been a blur. My sweet Nonno was taken to the hospital and has been there for over a week now. I was devastated when I first saw him. When I left, my Nonno whispered "pray for me". I came home that night and buried my face into the cold wooden floor and sobbed to God. 

Through mumbles, I promised God if He would just heal my grandfather and not take him away yet... I'd give it all back to Him. I promised I wouldn't let everyday life make me forget what's really important, and that I wouldn't waste anymore time.

The truth is, we wait. We wait for too long to spend time with our grandparents. We wait until that big party to see everyone. We wait until our lives are "placed together" to visit someone we love. And then something unexpected happens. 

I've realized that there are too many "I love yous" left unsaid. I want to love someone and talk to someone when they are alive... not just talk about how amazing they were when they're not there anymore. 

I'm praising the Lord today because while my grandfather is still in the hospital, he is no longer in the ICU. He's been healing and he was his old self again, joking and talking to everyone when I visited him. That's God's unending grace. 

And so we wait. We wait for the Lord to heal and to restore. But let's not wait to love. Let's not wait to run to God only if something happens. Let's choose to live and to love right now.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.// Philippians 4: 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment