Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekend Getaway: The Pine Barrens

     Every once in a while it is good to have a getaway. Whether it be a vacation to a faraway place or even somewhere not too far from home, taking a few days away gives your mind a chance to press rewind. I spent the weekend with a few friends by the Pine Barrens in a cute cabin by the lake. I bought a sleeping bag for the first time and boy am I glad I did. The unexpected cold had us all huddled together with 20 layers of clothing and zipped up like Hot Pockets in our sleeping bags. 
     We visited a nearby Winery, told stories, roasted marshmallows, had a classy dinner including homemade pasta sauce (and everything else you can imagine at an Italian dinner ;)...and finished the night dancing around our small cabin. Not your typical outdoorsy experience, but who says you need to follow any specific guidelines right? :) Here are a few photos I took...Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment