Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas: The Redeeming Promise


The day grew dark, hope was lost, and what seemed like the perfect world was completely cut off the day Adam and Eve disobeyed and sinned against God. 

But God. 

In order to truly understand the promise given to all mankind from the Creator of all... we must go back to the beginning. 

When the Lord called Abraham, He told him to look towards heaven and count the stars if he could... and that would be how many descendants were promised to him. 

// And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be. // Genesis 15:6 

When David was king of Israel, The Lord made him the promise that out of his descendants would a kingdom be established, one that would last forever. 

// He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom forever. // 2 Samuel 7:13

//  I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men...

And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established forever before thee: thy throne shall be established forever. //  

2 Samuel 7:14, 2 Samuel 7:16

The story of Jesus coming as the Saviour of the world is the story of God's promise to restore His relationship which was once broken in the Garden of Eden. 

The Lord always had a plan to restore what had been lost. 

The scriptures are a constant fight of the Lord coming after our hearts, and us rebelling against Him. 

And so the story and scriptures always pointed to one thing: Jesus. 

God could of easily left us and destroyed us. But God's heart is one of grace, and redemption. 

Jesus, God coming down and humbling Himself to live among us... and to then die for what I am, what I did, and do.... that's God extending His hand to me and saying "I love you despite you not deserving this, I forgive you..."

And so during this season, where the word Christmas is often used, I pray you'll come to know the lengths that God went to reach you and me. 

When you hear carols being sung, cards decorated with baby Jesus, the nativity scene... I hope you see that little baby was God wanting to be among us, never to leave us, because for a God so great that doesn't need anything... wanted us. 

But that little baby grew up, and with no fault at all, went to the cross and bled, and paid the brutal price of death for (insert your name).

Because He wanted you to know that He forgives you.

I pray that you accept His gift. I pray you realize anything you've done to anyone or anything... is never too much for His forgiveness. 

And I hope you change your heart and become the person that God always saw you as. 

You are redeemed. You are loved. You are forgiven.

// For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. // John 3:16 

Here is a special video we made for the true meaning of Christmas:

No comments:

Post a Comment