Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017: The Waves You've Made


I never quite know what to say when this time of year comes around. And yet when it does (all too quickly), it seems like there aren't enough words to describe just what an entire year can bring into someone's life. 

For me, 2017 can be described as waves. It was a year that brought me new experiences I never thought I'd go through.

But each one of those experiences brought me to something else.

I was a teacher for the first time. Something I always ran from, but finally got to do. I taught Italian to elementary students, and somehow along the way, God showed me through the mishaps and tears, and joyful laughs of every day... that I truly can do all things through Him. 

That it is He who equips us and gives us what we need and then calls us to do that very thing. 

I learned that what I run from is often times what I need most. 

I got to do some traveling with amazing family and plant my feet in places I never thought I'd walk.

Jesus gave me the grace I needed when I just wanted to give up and leave. 

After submitting an entry and months of interviews... I got chosen to be an ambassador for We Are Unveiled.  A ministry dedicated to awaken women to the full life found in Christ and their God-given identities.

But among all of this, there is one thing that clicked for me that I never gave a thought of before. 

I'm always looking for the "perfect job", but had I had what I wanted from the very beginning... I would've never met some pretty special people at the jobs I've worked at. 

I've realized that God places us in the jobs, communities and experiences we are part of for a reason.

God is all about relationship.  

He's taught me just how much He cares about people and how He wants me to love them like He does. 

He's been showing me that there are broken hearts all around me. And if I just look around and listen... I'll realize I'm there to be His arms to hug, His helping hands, His ears to listen, His words to speak love and encourage. 

Sometimes I'm scared of the future, thinking 'what trials await me?' But I don't have to be because I know He is already there. 

Every year is something new to learn. In just this short amount of time, I've lived through so much. I know 2018 will be another year of beauty, growth, and loving on some pretty amazing people. 

I'm grateful for the relationships I've formed through this online home of mine, through the photographs I get to capture of the people that entrust me with their beautiful moments in life... thank you!

And thank you for reading these words that are from my heart.

Here's to another incredible year full of love, truth, light, tears of joy, learning through all of life's unexpected moments, and little surprises that God sends your way. 

May we always have the courage for new beginnings, and to see the blessings of every day given to us. 

2018 you are going to be one for the books. Happy New Year!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment