Monday, March 20, 2017

The Return of Spring

After many days of the bitter cold and snow filled streets, the first day of spring has finally arrived. 

I'm so grateful I live in a world of different seasons. It becomes so boring once you have too much of a particular type of weather, don't me wrong I love the summer but it's refreshing to look forward to the changes that come with every passing month. 

I've been in a bit of a creative rut lately, and for that I must apologize for being absent from this little home of mine. 


I feel as if we're just like the seasons, in that sometimes you just are looking forward to the next thing, because you just don't know what's left to do in the season that you've been in for long.


I look outside and the fact that you can still see the blue sky and sun shining at 7 in the evening makes me smile from ear to ear. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssss! Finally, there's more time to do things in a day. 


And with more daylight, means more natural light for that perfect golden shot ;). 


I can't believe it's already mid-March.


And 6 months ago I said yes to embarking on this new season in my life of being an Italian teacher.


I didn't know what to expect to be honest, and I was terrified.


And now it's March. If you're a teacher, you know March is the pivotal point where you can see that ray of light at the end of the tunnel. 


The light of summer days filled with the ocean waves and sun-drenched afternoon strolls in the park with an ice cream sandwich melting in your hand.


I saw Beauty and the Beast over the weekend... and I absolutely adored it!


March feels a lot like the part where Belle rushes out into an open field proclaiming she wants so much more of this provincial life with the sun setting all sorts of beautiful colors.

It's been one of the longest seasons of my life, and I'm so happy for the new. 


Spring you are like a breath of fresh air and I've been waiting  forever for ya. 


You pretty little thing you... it's so nice to see you again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment