Saturday, March 4, 2017

Don't lose your Wonder



 Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you! {Dr. Seuss}

It was Read Across America week this past week. Being an Italian teacher, I partook in the daily festivities and read my kiddies Prosciutto e Uova Verde, or Green Eggs and Ham in Italian. 

As a little girl, I remember my Mama bought be the whole Dr. Seuss set (red bookends included) and I would read the colorful pages with rhymes and wacky characters. 

I couldn't help but think... how amazing are we as children? I mean we are curious about everything, always ask questions... and are in awe of the world around us. 

It makes me sad to think, we don't have that sense of curiosity as we age. 

We don't look to know new things anymore... because we think we know it all already.

With burdens and added responsibilities... we lose who we once were as children. 

That spark... that innocence or in this case that Sam I Am that says "Go ahead try it! Try it!"

But it doesn't have to be so. 

Dr. Seuss is such a wonderful example of having a childlike spirit in all things.

Jesus himself told us that we need to be like a child in our faith, always in awe and wonder of our God. {Matthew 18:3}

Don't be afraid to follow what you are curious about. 
  
I always loved to dance... so I joined dance and found out I loved to tap.

I was curious about cooking... so I bought cookbooks and began to cook. 

In high school, I loved to sing and dance... so I tried out for a part in the musical. I didn't get a major part... but I got a small role and it was such a great achievement for me, considering how insanely shy I was. 

I was curious about photography (even though I had no clue how to use a camera)... so I bought books, took classes and fell in love.

I always wanted to kick box... so I recently joined a class and love it. 

Never stop following your curiosities... no matter how old you are.

Someday when I am grey and full of wrinkles... I hope to look back and say I had the courage to try everything I loved. 

Yes, even green eggs and ham. 

No comments:

Post a Comment