Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dear Barbara

I often imagine what God would write to me if he could send us letters. We would probably want Him to tell us exactly what we need, the answers to our one million questions, the solution to our problems... the reason as to why we are going through a terrible situation. Many times I just want God to show me what it is I am supposed to do... what does He want me to do? And so though I don't know what exactly he would say to me and cannot speak for God, I do imagine it could sound something like this...

Dear Barbara, 

     My beloved child. I hear your thoughts and I know your heart. I know at times you may think that I am not present in your life and your prayers go unanswered, but I want you to know that I was there beside you before you were even born. I held you and kept you safe and I have never left. For your dreams are my dreams, your joys are my joys, and your tears are my tears. 
     Though you cannot see me, I see you. When you laughed from happiness, I leaped for joy right by you. When you were scared, I was there to keep you away from harm, and when you cried...I wept right beside you. You are never alone. Do not worry. I know everything may seem impossible right now, but trust in Me. That's all you need to do. Just trust in Me. Smile, I will take care of the rest. 

I love you more than you know,

Jesus

     This letter can really be written to anyone. At times life can get quite hazy between things that happen, and just not knowing whether you are on the right path. It takes time to grow in your faith, and at times you just feel broken and empty. But I'm learning that God takes your brokenness and with time makes it into something beautiful. It's not easy, I am coming to understand. But for God nothing is impossible. Just because you don't have what you want now... doesn't mean you never will. It just means the time hasn't come...yet. Or maybe God has something better planned. 
     It's so much easier to see something and say "Yes it is possible...I've seen it!", but the real test is can you still have faith if you can't see anything? The good news is this: though we can only see until the end of the road...God can see the entire map, over the hills and through the thick forest. Isn't that a relief? What we may want may not always be what's best for us sometimes... but I trust that God has it all figured out and is way better than what I can imagine for myself. 
     If this post reaches you and you are going through a tough time...remember don't give up. Just because you can't see past the road.... God can! He has it all under control. Smile, He loves you more than you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment