Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lifestyle Portraits | Seniors | Emilia & Laura

     When I first moved into my new neighborhood, I was around 12 years old. That awkward age when you're starting to grow out of your childhood Barbie dolls and replacing them with American Girl magazines and fashion drawing books. I wasn't all that ready to let go of my dolls yet and luckily for me, one of my closest friends Emilia didn't mind either. Emilia was my first best friend when I moved, and every weekend we would meet halfway on our block and then walk up to my house...lugging every Barbie accessory imaginable. 
     On Fridays, my sister and I would meet Emilia and her cousin Laura after school at Latchkey. Emilia and I would whip out our little drawing pads and talk up a storm about the latest Lizzie Mcguire episode, while my sister and Laura would be in the corner one minute whispering funny jokes with their Polly Pockets, and the next engaging in a pinching war. Ugh little girls. They just couldn't sit still like my sophisticated 12 going on 13 self. :P
     Years passed, and we all grew up. We occasionally still see each other at holiday parties and around town, and always recount our endless stories of those 4 little girls at Latchkey some time ago. It's funny how time passes, yet when you meet again the memories sort of connect you like it was only yesterday. It was so much fun catching up with them...here are a few of my favorites from their shoot the other day! I might just go take a little walk and meet Emilia halfway to give her the photographs...Happy Tuesday!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment