Thursday, November 28, 2013

Count Your Blessings: Thanksgiving 2013

     As the turkey roasts in the oven, the sweet potatoes bake, and the smell of home-made goodness fills my home...I can't help but think how blessed I really am, and there really is no where else I'd rather be. In life so many things bring change, but if there's one thing that remains the same, it's the love of family and friends. To be able to gather together with an abundance of food, laugh, and reminisce about the good old times, make new memories...I'm not sure if it can get any better. With so many distractions, and work, and school, and chasing after our dreams...often times we forget what is most important of all. 
     And so today I am thankful for my life, my family that loves me regardless what crazy ideas come to mind, my home, my hilarious friends, my church family, the ability to walk, talk, dream, my bed, chocolate (who isn't thankful for chocolate?), my little brother's amazing ability to annoy me and make me burst out laughing at the same time, internet (You wouldn't be reading this if there wasn't any!), the seasons, blue skies, and the privilege to serve an amazing God, for all of this would be absolutely nothing without Him. 
     I hope your day is filled with amazing food, laughs with the people you love, and lots and lots of dessert! ;) Here is a photo I took of a Chocolate Flan Cake I made....Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment