Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Weekend Getaway: The Poconos

     Every once in a while, it's nice to take a few days and get away. This past weekend a few of my friends and I drove up to the Poconos in Pennsylvania for a small getaway. We relaxed at the spa, shopped at the local outlets, and saved a day for horseback riding. We arrived at the stables super excited (I LOVE horses), and were anxious to meet the horses we would ride (being my friends, something funny was bound to happen). We began the trail a little anxious but nonetheless happily riding, all pretty, hair whipping in the wind gallantly (Black Beauty meets Cinderella sorta thing)....that is until we began to trot. Being it was the first time, my friend's horse Boomer trotted her into a few tree branches, and I struggled to keep my horse Patch from eating up the grass instead of staying on the trail -____-. But don't worry, after a while we began to get the hang of it, I'm definitely ready for the next time! Here are a few photos I took during my stay....Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment