Monday, March 2, 2020

Stephanie & Adam | Point Pleasant, NJ Engagement Session


When I met Stephanie and Adam over coffee, their genuine personalities were evident through how they spoke with detail and kindness towards me. 

Their smiles and funny life tidbits kept me laughing and truly enjoying their company and stories. Adam proposed to Stephanie about 8 months after their very first date!

Stephanie grew up taking family vacations to Lake George, NY so Adam knew just how much this place meant to her. Adam had planned to go out by the dock that Stephanie grew up fishing with her dad and grandfather and then proposing to her. 

But it turns out the weather had other plans, and it was pouring rain. Adam wasn't going to let that stop him, so he insisted they walk out anyway. When they reached the bench, umbrella in hand... Adam took Stephanie's hand and told her how much he meant to her. Then he got down on his knee and asked her to marry him and spend their lives together. 

Adam says he even practiced opening the box at home so he didn't drop in in the lake! How sweet and thoughtful?! The rain couldn't stop Adam from asking Stephanie to marry him. 

I asked both Stephanie and Adam what they both loved about each other. Stephanie gushed on about Adam and said, 

"Adam is an absolutely caring, calm, and selfless being. I remember when I met him I told my dad that he was the "nicest person I've ever known" and I will always feel that way! I also believe he is the strongest person I've ever met. He makes me laugh every day, constantly makes me feel protected and appreciated, and makes me feel like he knows me better than I know myself at times."

Adam then said what he loved about Stephanie,

"Stef is an extremely passionate, caring person. She is selfless - always worrying about others before herself. Stef is the most positive person I have ever met. I love that she can make me smile and laugh at any given moment, especially when she starts singing in her lounge voice. She keeps me on my toes and there is never a dull moment with her."

They both grew up going to Point Pleasant, and so they wanted to have their engagement session taken there too. We had such a gorgeous (almost spring!) day walking around on the boardwalk, munching on Stephanie's and Adam's favorite snack: pink-frosted doughnuts, and laughing on the beach feeling like kids again. 

It was an absolute pleasure photographing Stephanie and Adam's love, and it has me SO excited for their wedding this October! Stephanie and Adam, I wish you so much love and joy and I am truly grateful you chose me to document your special day. Here are my favorite photographs from their engagement session!

No comments:

Post a Comment