Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Look Back Through My 2014

     2014. Gosh what a year it has been. I'm not going to lie but every time I begin to write this end of the year post I think... what interesting things have happened this year? And then I begin to pour through the photographs and am just in absolute awe of how much we can grow within a year. Looking back I honestly can't believe how much has happened... and how much each experience has molded and defined me. 
     I had the absolute pleasure of working with so many couples and seniors this year... and I photographed two weddings! I am beyond grateful for all of these opportunities, but mostly for all of the amazing people in my life that constantly support my dreams and keep me going... even when I feel like I can't.
     I got to travel to Italy and see my family and even visited Sorrento for the first time. I also attended my first workshop and met so many talented photographers... it made me realize how much there is always more to learn and I'm so eager to soak up as much as I can!
     You know that old saying "It doesn't happen overnight"? Well it doesn't but... it does happen over many nights if you keep learning, practicing, and keeping faith that you are on your right path. How about if there are many twists, and SURPRISE!! THISWASN'TSUPPOSEDTOHAPPENNOW along the way? Well... I realize that even though you sometimes may go astray, the "mistakes" or other paths may essentially open up another door you were supposed to end up on anyway! I know I know, it's so much to really understand, but trust me I'm a firm believer everything happens for a reason. 
     Finally, while looking through all of my work and growth that I have done throughout the year.... it wouldn't feel right without saying all of the credit and glory goes to a God that's so great... that he shares a piece of His heart with me. For every single photograph I capture, every idea that comes to my mind... is His light that shines through me. I am simply photographing what He already made beautiful.  
     To my 2014 Clients: Thank you thank you thank you for trusting in me.... I owe you my heart for allowing me to use my passion for capturing the precious moments in your life. I urge everyone to look back through their year and see just how much you've accomplished... it may surprise you. I can't wait to see what 2015 brings!!! 


Thanks to Jamie for capturing this behind the scenes shot at my first wedding.... you get the best 2nd shooter award! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment