Monday, August 26, 2013

Twenty Four

     Today I turned 24. Wow. Where did all this time go?!! I feel like it was just yesterday when I was with my sister playing with our Barbies and thinking about which outfit we should buy next. With every passing year it does at times feel a little less like my birthday....but maybe that's just because I'm getting older =P. When I was younger I used to think by this age one would be living their dream life and have it all together, but I'm slowly coming to realize that life doesn't always follow your plans.....and that that's okay. 
     We spend so much time thinking of what we want to do and set certain limits and times on ourselves, but in the end we miss the little things in life that are more important than anything else. A good friend of mine gave me a wonderful reminder, "Remember in life it doesn't matter what you do, what you have,.....it matters who you are." Though few, those words laid heavy on my heart. And so today I'm going to be thankful for everything that was given to me 24 years ago. My life, the person I was chosen to be, my family, my friends, the place I live, the good.... and not so good things about me =P, and knowing that above all else... I am loved. Here are a few shots I took to celebrate my birthday..because you know everyone needs a little sparkle on their birthday ;). Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment