Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dominican Republic: La Romana Trip

     I spent the past week soaking up the Caribbean sun, snorkeling off the coast of Catalina Island, and indulging in the beautiful scenery and foods at La Romana, Dominican Republic.  The trip was quite a last minute decision when my friends asked me---'Wait a tropical island? A week of sun, beautiful weather, and crystal blue water??!? Hmmm.... ....YES!', it obviously did not take too long for me to make the decision to join in on the fun. Prior to this trip I had never seen a tropical island before (except for in movies and photos), and so I was really excited and anxious to finally see it in person. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the ocean from the plane. The water ranged from all different shades of blue, deep sapphires to a clear turquoise. 
     We engaged in many activities including riding a catamaran to Saona Island to find starfish, snorkeling by Catalina Island, and joining in on the fiesta in the evening. I had such a wonderful time and am grateful for the opportunity to have shared it with great friends. Here are a few photos I took while on the trip, enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment