Thursday, September 3, 2015

Sweet Love | Katrina & Michael

     There are so many things I love about photography. But one of my absolute favorite is the connection that is made with people while photographing them, as well as long after. I went to high school with both Mike and Katrina and so I was really excited when they approached me about their engagement photos. Mike and Katrina met in high school and have been together ever since, and so we stayed local for the photos and walked around making sure to include all of the memorable places in town. 
     Mike is a firefighter in town and so we just had to take some photos in front of the firehouse. So of course I asked to pull out the firetrucks so we could get a couple of shots in front (thanks guys!) :). A few of their friends from the firehouse made Mike and Katrina laugh the entire time I was photographing them...and then that totally made me laugh which made it all the more fun! 
     A few months ago after Mike took Katrina out for dinner, he told her to wait outside and that her gift would be coming soon. Katrina stood outside in the cold and wondered what could possibly be coming and when because it was freezing! All of a sudden sirens and lights were seen and heard throughout town, and as Katrina looked at the banner that read "Katrina will you marry me?"... Mike proposed in front of all their family and friends. How sweet is that?! Mike you totally get super points for that... and oh of course Katrina later forgave him for having her stand outside in the cold if only for a bit ;). 
     Mike and Katrina, I wish you two the best and lots of love!! Thank you for allowing me to photograph this special part of your lives, and for making me laugh the entire time... you guys were awesome!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment