Friday, July 19, 2013

The Happiest Place on Earth: Walt Disney World

     No matter what age you are, you can be sure to always find your inner child at Walt Disney World. Whether it be Mickey, Goofy or a Disney princess greeting you, the fun food options adorned with Disney characters, the awesome rides or the fantastic fireworks show at night----it really is a magical playground. 
     The last time I visited Disney World I was about 9 years old, so you can imagine how super excited I was to go back. We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort in Disney, and with the jazz music playing in the background at breakfast, to the outfits the crew wore...it really gave the feeling you were in New Orleans, Louisiana. After my sister and I both bought our much needed sparkly Minnie Mouse ears...we headed out to the parks. Epcot's new Soarin' ride was the most realistic ride I've ever been on. With the seats lifting you up and the wind and smells breezing past you (oh and I can't forget my dad's laughter/yells =P) it was unbelievable. If you visit, just be sure to get a fastpass---it is much needed =). I also loved loved loved the World Showcase and want to go back again just to spend more time visiting each country. 
     It is just no visit without riding the Hollywood Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios. I literally lost my voice from screaming each time the elevator dropped (proof was in the photo they snapped of us, my sister smiling---me, eyes shut and yelling at the top of my lungs.) But don't worry it's just a typical reaction from me, it was super fun =). We then visited the most magical park... Magic Kingdom! I kept looking for secret entrances to go up into the castle, but no such luck. Fantasyland is the new part of Disney that just opened, and it was one of my favorites. It actually looked like you were walking through the town in the movie Tangled. They had Arielle's castle and even Gaston's Tavern from Beauty and the Beast
     Our resort had small ferries which would take us down to Downtown Disney, which was really nice at night. Okay okay I'll stop before I give a description of every single thing in Disney....can you tell how much I loved it? =P Walt Disney truly had a wonderful imagination to begin something so incredible. I already can't wait to go back! Here are a few photos I took during my stay...enjoy and Happy Friday!! =D

My sparkly Minnie Mouse ears
Everything was so cute!

Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort
 
Epcot
Mission Space Ride
Goofy!
He <3s me!
Epcot's World Showcase: Italy
Yummy and fun waffles for breakfast =)

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
-Walt Disney

 I have found my true home =)
The always beautiful castle
Downtown Disney
Beautiful sunrise on our flight back home

No comments:

Post a Comment