Friday, November 2, 2012

Hurricane Sandy: Moving Forward

     It's been a long devastating week for most of the residents in New Jersey, New York, and the neighboring states affected by Hurricane Sandy. School has been out for the past week and many of the roads are still difficult to travel by due to broken down trees and debris left over from the storm. Many of my family members and friends still reside with no power and it is not known exactly how many more days until it will be restored. It makes me sad when I think of all the summer memories I have growing up at the New Jersey beaches, which are now mostly destroyed. 
     But now all we can hope for is the recovery of these places and homes of so many and keep strong. There has been an amazing amount of support from so many, if you would like to help you can do so also by making a donation to the Red Cross here. My heart goes out to all those who were deeply affected by Hurricane Sandy, God Bless. 

{A few memories from past summers at the NJ Shore}

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barbara-
    I just found your blog and love it! I am putting it on my blogroll! Your photography is stunning!
    I also grew up at the Jersey Shore and still spend summers there! So sad about the hurricane!

    ReplyDelete