Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WPPI NYC/ PhotoPlus: Star Struck

This past week, I had the opportunity to attend the WPPI/PhotoPlus International Conference and Expo, and boy did I come home one happy camper. The event was held at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, and it featured many exhibits including Nikon, Canon, Kubota, Sony, The Knot Magazine, and many more. There were also many great photographers speaking at the event. I had the pleasure of meeting and listening to Jasmine Star at one of the seminars. I may have never mentioned this but.... I absolutely LOVE Jasmine Star....like, if there was a group of photography heroes, Jasmine Star would most definitely be Superwoman. Her photography is beautiful and her story is so inspiring. I remember not too long ago when I stumbled upon her blog and I was just left speechless. I couldn't believe how great she became within a short period of time, and her story helped me realize that living life to its fullest means that no matter how difficult a dream may be, no matter who you are, no matter how long it takes, if you give it your heart....you will get there. So you can imagine how I felt when I saw her standing at the corner getting ready for the presentation...."OH. MY. GOSH....that's Jasmine Star....she's 5 feet away from me...JASMINE STAR..and JD too!!!"....yep, but obviously this was a conversation going on in my head....I didn't want the other attendees thinking I was out of my mind or anything =P. I also got to see cool new products, and had the chance to play with some of the new cameras and gadgets at the Expo. I went home excited and inspired....oh and with a bag full of goodies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment