Sunday, May 12, 2019

For My Mamma

The most powerful way to teach a daughter how to enjoy life is to let her see her mother do the same. - Meg Meeker
Mother's Day is only once a year, but truthfully it should be celebrated every day.

When I tell you that I need my mom more than you think... believe me I'm not sure what I would do without her.

The other day I was walking to my car when I noticed the scariest wasp, I think I saw the stinger first... buzzing along RIGHT BY MY DOOR.

So I freak out. I pace back and forth. I enter through the passenger side of my car, but then I hear the terrifying, humming sound... coming from INSIDE. It was stuck in the crack of the door.

I jump over the passenger seat, open the door and get out. What do I do now? I call my mom, of course.

She tells me to grab a jacket, open the door and when it comes out quickly smack it out of the way with the jacket.

Why couldn't I think of that? Case in point... I need my Mamma.

I thank the Lord all the time when I talk to Him about her, that He gave me such a loving, strong, dedicated, fearless, and God-fearing woman as a mother and role model.


My Mother always knows just what to say, and what to do. Even when I feel a certain way, she softly tells me I'm wrong and then tells me the right thing God would want me to do.

And for that... I could never thank the Lord enough for giving her to me.

Mamma, for the times you pray with me, tell me I'm wrong and guide me in what God says is right, for the times you put everyone else first, for smiling when I know you are sad, and for giving me the strength to battle wasps so I can come home... thank you.

I've seen you love life every day with your contagious laughs and radiating beauty. You've overcome every battle with the Lord's strength. 


You are and always will be the woman I desire to be like most. The Proverbs 31 woman that the Lord speaks of. There will never be another one like you.

I love you... Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mothers who work endlessly and love unconditionally. You have one of the hardest jobs in the world... never forget what a blessing you are to your little ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment