Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day 2015 | My Dad

     Father's Day only comes around once a year, but all of the wonderful things a Father does goes way beyond the recognition of one day. It is said that any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad. Dads leave behind a legacy to their children, and anything and everything a Father does or does not do can affect his children as they grow up. I feel as if many times our appreciation for our Dads isn't always expressed as much as it should be, and so this letter is for you Dad.
     Dad, I want you to know how much I appreciate you. For all of the times you came home really late from work and your eyes were red from the flour, your feet were in pain from standing all day... I want you to know all of your hard work for us never goes unnoticed. You have always been the type of man that puts your family first, and when one thing doesn't work out, you move on to the next. People love to talk to you because of your friendly personality and (sometimes funny) jokes :P. 
     When I was little, I remember asking you to put makeup on my face from my little palette, and without hesitation you would take all of the colors and paint them carefully on my eyes, lips and cheeks. You memorized all of the Disney movies by heart, because of the countless times we danced and sang along to "A Whole New World" and "Part of Your World". I remember watching The Lion King not too long ago, and when Simba's father died in the scene of the stampede, I looked over and saw you quietly shed a tear. I know you probably didn't want me to say that, but when I saw you tear, I did too. 
     Dad there's many things you've passed on to me such as my sarcasm (yep, got that from you :P), my fast handwriting that sometimes could be passed as chicken scratch, my creative thinking (my brain is always on and it never stops just like you!), my awesome dance moves, along with other things. But one of the most important things that you could have ever given me, is to have a strong sense of will.
     It is so important to stand up for what you believe in, and to have a strong will to be able to say no to what you know isn't right for you. Thank you Dad. I am who I am because of many things growing up, but a big part of that is because of you. Happy Father's Day Dad, and okay okay judging from your old photos you were pretty cool annnd stylish too. I love you!

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. 
Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment