Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Year in Photographs: Best of 2013

     And so here we are again. Another whole year has gone by within a blink of an eye it seems. Every year I sit down and choose my favorite moments which have defined and molded me throughout the year. 2013, you have turned out to be a year full of surprises. It was a year of firsts for me. I photographed my first styled shoot and worked with some wonderful creatives, had fun photographing my first child photo shoot, visited Disney World with my family....and rode Space Mountain for the first time, oh yea ;). This year was the first time my work was featured on an online magazine (Hearth Magazine 1 & 2)
     I've had amazing opportunities and met some pretty wonderful people along the way. Each of these experiences have helped me grow a little more and more into the person that I never knew was inside of me, and for that I'm beyond thankful. For every push, every idea, every chance I was given this past year...thank you. I am extremely blessed to be surrounded by loving people that refuse to see me give up. If I could I would reach out and fill you with hugs and chocolate, lots of chocolate...but I won't promise you that you won't be smudged from my tears of happiness. =') 
     And so before we get ready for our grand celebrations, remember to look back at all that was given to you this past year. The good memories, the not so good experiences that you overcame and molded you into who you are becoming. This coming year vow to do what you always thought impossible. Sit with an elderly person and ask them to share their stories of when they were young, go out and dance with that special person, buy your mom flowers, bake a super difficult pastry recipe and when it goes terribly wrong...go to the store a buy a batch of brownies and laugh about it. =) I wish you a year of love, joy, and most of all peace. Peace with everyone you know and yourself. Here's to the year of all years...2014 you're going to be a good one, I can feel it. Happy New Year!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment