Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Timeless Beauty

     I love looking at fashion photographs of old models and stars. Though trends may change through the years, it seems as if the beauty that is reflected in these photos remain timeless. Everything from the classic poses to the gorgeous clothing adorning the star is just so breathtakingly beautiful. A few of my favorite include the stunning Claudia Cardinale, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, and Bridget Bardot. These women were icons during their time, and yet fifty years or more later i can still hear their laughter ringing right through the photo. These photographs inspire me to push myself and show the outer and inner beauty of a person as I take a photo. I want them to look at it 30 years later and still recognize that beauty within themselves. A photograph tells a story about the subject, the choice of clothing, the smirk or smile, even the way the hair falls on their face gives clues about the person. They say the eyes are the windows of the soul, and I couldn't agree more. Just looking at someone's eyes can tell you a story without a single word. Here a a few of my favorite photos...Happy Thursday!!

Claudia Cardinale

Marilyn Monroe

Elizabeth Taylor

Audrey Hepburn

Bridget Bardot

No comments:

Post a Comment