Sunday, December 9, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

     When I was a little girl I would lay down under our Christmas tree fascinated at the different colored lights that would change patterns with the twist of a button I held in my hands. I would lay there for what seemed like hours as I listened to my little radio play "The First Noel" and other Christmas songs. The days leading up to Christmas I feel, are always the happiest. Yes everyone is in a rush trying to buy everything on their shopping list, but even so there is a sense of joy in the air. I've always loved the beautiful twinkling lights that fill the streets during this time of year. 
     And so even with the hustle and bustle the holidays bring, and the changes that come along with it, one thing remains the same. When I do take a moment to look at a Christmas tree, it always brings me right back to when I was a little girl....still dazzled at the beauty and magic it holds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment