Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

     Every year families and friends gather all over the country and celebrate the holiday Thanksgiving. It's a time when there is no particular focus on gifts or decorations, but rather simply being thankful for what we do have. At some point it may even feel as if the annual routine of turkey, crisp apple pies, and the warmth of family and friends becomes second nature. But today I am especially thankful that I woke up to a home with family that loves me and are able to celebrate together. I realize that it's the little things that stay with us the most and are truly important. 
     For me it's all coming together at my grandparent's home, my uncles' and cousins' loud shouts as we play a round of Scopa, the table full of delicious homemade foods (and desserts =D), and my grandfather's words of grace. These are the little things that stay with me even as the years go by. I wish you the happiest Thanksgiving, full of yummy turkey and stuffing, and mashed potatoes, and sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie and----well with everything you can possibly eat in one day! =D Happy Thanksgiving! 

My Mom's yummy homemade cheesecake =)

No comments:

Post a Comment